Task of second meeting


Description on how to write paragraph with adequate and inadequate unity and also coherence

Talking about adequate and inadequate unity, it has correlation with paragraph. You should know about what is the definition about paragraph? In this explanation below, the writer will give you description about definition of paragraph. Some of those definition are like this. (1) Paragaraph is a group of sentences and that the first sentences of this group is intended (Smalley and Ruetten, 2000).  (2) Paragraph is a group of sentences that develops one main idea or topic. From those two definition of the paragraph, it can conclude that paragraph is a small unit of organization in writing in which all related sentences develop one main idea. Afterwards, you should know about adequate and inadequate unity. Unity is a good criteria of the paragraph. Unity means that a paragraph discuss one and only one main idea from the beginning to end (Oshima and Hogue). One main idea can be developed into specific topic what is called topic sentence. In the topic sentence there are two parts : a topic and a controlling idea. Another good criteria to write paragraph is coherence. The word coherence in this context is solid. In latin word it is cohere means “hold togeher” (Oshima and Hogue, 2006). All of the sentences in one paragraph have to be hold together with appropriate transitions. Coherence include one of the two crieria of good paragraph. To sum up, base on the description above, it can conclude that to write good paragraph  not only need adequate and inadequate unity but also coherence. Both of them are criteria good paragraph. Below the writer give an example of paragraph with adequate and inadequate unity and also coherence. The genre of the paragraph is descriptive paragraph. It’s describe about “describing self” and the title is “it’s about my self”. Let’s read more about it !




It’s About My Self

 

Well everybody, I would like to  describe my self and all of thing about my self. My purpose to write this paragraph is to inform the other people. In order to the other people  know about me. In this paragraph, I describe about my identity, my hobby, my personality, my appearance. Let’s read carefully ! My name is Defy Gustianing. Sometimes my friends call me Defy, but the other one they are my family include of my parents, my sister, my grandpa, my grandma call me Empi. It’s funny, right ? I think It’s never mind.  I was born on Margototo, August  7th  1994. I am 19 years old.  I live at Jalan Nusantara No. 4, Margodadi 25 A – metro selatan – kota metro. I live with my beloved father, mother, and sister. I am a female and I am a beautiful girl. My weight is 48 kg and my height 166 cm. I have a thick eyebrow and beautiful eyes. My nose is not pointed but not flat. I have thick lips and sweet smile. My colour skin is light brown. I use veil. I am very kind, lovely, patient, shy sometimes fussy with the other my friends. I am a very good child in my family. I am the first child of two child in my family. My parents are very love me. Then, I have the best thing in my life. That  is about education. In education field, I get a lot af things, experiences from there. One of them is,  I can continue my education background in university. Because of half the students in the outside can’t continue their education in the university. It’s about economical in their family.  So, I can praise thank you to God, because of his mercy and fortune that given to my parents. I can continue my education to reach my idea in the future. Talking about hobby. My hobby is reading. I usually reading about novel, subject book, fiction. Now I am still finishing to read novel. The  title is “berjuta rasanya by Tere Liye”. It is very interesting story that I should know about it. I really interest with my hobby that is reading. There are so many experience that I can get from there. It’s very fun. I have activity in my spare time.  I usually traveling with my friends to go to bookstore like Gramedia, Salemba to buy book like novel. Sometimes I just take a rest in my home help my mother and I always gather with my parents, my sister at living room. To be conclude, I am very kind girl who have sweet smile and sometimes fussy.


Note :
           Black Colour   : Introducing
           Purple Colour : Identification
           Red Colour      : Description
           Blue Colour     : Concluding (Type of concluding sentences is “logical”)


3 komentar:

ritma mengatakan...

Nice description. But, I'd like to correct some sentences. May I ? :D
Here...
The 3rd sentence in paragraph 1 [In order to the other people know about me as well as]. I assume, that should be like... "In order to make the other people know about me well" *you don't need to write words such as "as well as" on the last sentence. 'as well' means 'too, also, and etc' . even, the word 'well' on the last sentence means fine, so good, perfectly, etc.

This paragraph is pretty good, only need some revisions.
However, I am not judging you here, just give some corrections.
Mind to visit and give me some corrections too?
Just give it a try! http://excellent-71.blogspot.com/2014/03/writing-descriptive-paragraph.html

Thanks ~

Unknown mengatakan...

Ohh yaa yaa. I forget it, thank's for your nice correction :)
I'll visit and give some correction if there is grammar error in your description.

Riris Harwiyati mengatakan...

I read a pretty good descriptive paragraph. My correction: beloved not belovely, thank to God is enough, use veil. Okay, enough. :D

Visit me back :)